- 31 March, 2018
- About the GDC, Registrant Survey
The 2017-8 Registrant survey was carried out by Enventure and comprised quantitative and qualitative research. The fieldwork for the quantitative survey took place in October and November 2017 with a representative sample of 6203 dental professionals, both dentists and DCP’s, aged 18 and drawn from across the United Kingdom. The qualitative research was carried out via four focus groups and 26 in depth interviews in February and March 2018.
The 2017-18 survey included questions about the following areas:
- Registrant perceptions about what constitutes serious misconduct and proportionate action through our fitness to practice processes
- Views on the Fitness to Practise process
- Priorities for information provided about Fitness to Practise and Dental Complaints Service decisions
- Patient Feedback and Complaints
- The future of the profession and professional challenges
- Perspectives on the GDC
- Communication from the GDC
The results from the survey/questionnaire itself can be found in the topline document.
The full survey report includes full analysis and findings of both the survey questionnaire and the focus groups and interview.
The weighted crosstabulations provide all the data from the survey/questionnaire and allow for comparison of the report the results by age, gender, type of patient, socio-economic status, nation within the UK etc.
Further research outputs
This report provides the findings from the 2019 Dental Professional Survey. This is the fifth time the survey has been ...
In May/June 2011, the independent market research organisation Ipsos Mori carried out a survey of registered dental professionals for the ...