How to join the register
You will need to complete an application to join our register.
Your route to registration will depend on whether you want to register as a dentist or as a dental care professional (DCP). You can apply to register for one or more DCP titles at the same time, but you will need to complete a separate application for each title.
To find out which application form you will need to complete, please use the route to registration online questionnaire. It will tell you if you are eligible for registration, and direct you to the right application pack.
There is a separate process if you have already registered with us, and want to apply for an additional DCP title.
Online application packs are available for:
- Registration as a dentist or DCP with UK qualifications (details of UK programmes leading to registration can be found in the dental education and training inspections section of our website).
- Registration as a dentist or DCP with historic qualifications.
- Registration as a dentist with recognised EEA qualifications.
- Registration as a dentist with recognised overseas qualifications.
- Registration as a DCP with relevant overseas qualifications.
- Registration as a dentist having passed the Overseas Registration Exam (ORE) or Licence in Dental Surgery (LDS).
- Temporary registration for dentists (first direction).
- Dentists and DCPs who want to rejoin the register.
Find out more about those on our register
in our annual registration reports, and the qualifications and experience used to join our register by dental professionals who qualified outside the UK.