Restoring your name to the register
How do I apply for restoration?
Dentists or dental care professionals (DCPs) who want to apply for restoration can access the online application process via eGDC, by selecting the option 'Log in to eGDC' or 'New to eGDC'. When you have completed the online application process, you will be issued with a personalised application form to download, print, sign, and submit along with your supporting documents.
Alternatively, you can complete the relevant application form below to be restored to the register (instructions are included on the front cover):
You will also need to pay the restoration fee.
If you have been off the register for 12 months or more (or previously been removed for not complying with CPD requirements), you will also need to send CPD evidence, which will include:
- verifiable CPD certificates
- CPD activity log, detailing the activities you've completed
- Personal Development Plan (PDP).
We have produced templates to help you with these CPD supporting documents.
You may also need to send a certificate of current professional status and change of details form.
Reasonable adjustments are available to applicants who might find using the online eGDC route to registration difficult.
Please contact us to request a reasonable adjustment.
How much does restoration cost?
Do I need to send any evidence of CPD?
You will need to make a CPD declaration. If you have been off the register for 12 months or more, or you have previously been removed from the register for not complying with CPD requirements, you will also need to submit a CPD record and supporting evidence with your application for restoration.
The requirements for CPD records are as follows:
- You have been off the register for less than 12 months and not previously been removed for not complying with CPD requirements: you will need to make a declaration about the CPD you have completed.
- You have been off the register for more than 12 months, but less than five years, and not previously been removed for not complying with CPD requirements: you will need to submit evidence of verifiable CPD completed since the start of your current cycle, which will include verifiable CPD certificates, your CPD activity log and your Personal Development Plan (PDP).
- You have been off the register for more than five years, or have been removed from the register for not complying with CPD requirements at any time: you will need to submit five years of verifiable CPD evidence, which will include verifiable CPD certificates, your CPD activity log and your PDP.
Once you are restored to the register, we may carry out an audit at any time during your CPD cycle. If you’re selected for an audit, you’ll be asked to submit your CPD record for the completed part of current your cycle. We may carry out an audit of your CPD record for up to five years after it is completed, so please make sure you retain it.
Do I need to provide a Certificate of Current Professional Status (CCPS) ?
Do I need to demonstrate evidence of knowledge of the English Language?
How long will restoration take?
We endeavour to assess your application to be restored to the register within 15 working days from the date we receive it. However this timeframe can increase during peak processing times in January/February and August/September, and delays can also occur if the form is not completed correctly, necessary supporting evidence has not been supplied, and/or if there are any concerns raised within your application which will require us to assess it further before we can register you.