Updating your details
Let us know as soon as there are any changes to your registered details. This includes changes to contact details or your name, as well as your bank details if you pay the annual retention fee by direct debit. You can let us know of any changes by completing this change of details form. Keeping us up to date is vital.
If we don't have your correct address our letters may not reach you and you could also miss out on other important GDC requests and updates.
How can I change my registered contact details?
How can I change my registered name?
You should complete and return it to us along with certified copies of documentary evidence such as your marriage certificate or a change of name deed poll. Please do not send original documents.
Please note, we cannot undertake requests to change your registered name by telephone, email, fax or any other electronic method, these requests can only be accepted via post to the below address:
Registration support team
General Dental Council
1 Colmore Square
- dental care professional
- person entitled to practise law
- minister of religion
- bank/building society official
- civil servant
- officer of the armed forces
- police officer
- or persons of similar standing.
- On which the person certifying has confirmed in writing, in English, that they have inspected the original document and that the copy is a true copy; and
- Where the person certifying is the head of the applicant’s dental training school or their nominee or the person responsible for supervision of the applicant’s training, or another person of professional standing (in any country) including a dentist, doctor, person entitled to practise law, minister of religion or a civil servant; and
- Where the copy bears the name, address and signature of the person certifying it; and
- Where the person certifying the document is not the applicant themself, or a member of their family.
Returning your documentary evidence
I intend to retire or take a break from the profession, do I need to tell you?
You may remain registered even if you are not working, but please bear in mind your CPD cycle continues regardless of your employment status, as your cycles are set by the date of your first registration. You may wish to apply for voluntary removal if you have ceased practising or if you are retiring. You can remove your name from the register and apply to restore it at a later time. Contact us if you would like to be removed from the register and are not currently subject to fitness to practise proceedings.
I registered through experience, how can I add my new qualification to the register?
I’m already registered, how can I add another DCP title?
Can I add an additional qualification?
I am a temporary registrant, how do I extend the length of my registration?
Temporary registration allows dentists who are not eligible for full registration to practise dentistry in the UK in supervised posts for training, teaching, or research purposes only, and for a limited period.
If you are a temporary registrant and your current period of registration has expired, you will need to complete a new application form for your next contract of employment which you can do online by logging in to your eGDC account.