Should I apply for the ORE?

Most applicants whose primary qualification is from outside the EEA will be required to sit the ORE. Exempt persons are entitled to individual assessment, although this is not a guaranteed route to registration.

Please visit the Route to registration page and complete the questionnaire to see if you should take the ORE.

Find further information about the ORE on the below pages:

Working in the UK

The Home Office has removed the categories of ‘employed dental practitioner’, 'employed dental assistant' and ‘vocational dental practitioner’ from the list of UK shortage occupations.

We advise overseas-qualified (non-EEA) dentists who wish to take the ORE to investigate the employment opportunities available to them on registration. If you pass the ORE you may need to do vocational or foundation training or demonstrate relevant experience to work for the NHS.