Is the treatment right and safe for you?
Is the dentist certain the treatment is safe for you?
- The dentist needs to make sure the treatment is safe for you.
- Traditionally, you would be seen in person for a dental checkup to make sure of this.
- One of the reasons for this is that there are some conditions which can make aligners or braces unsafe.
- If you have one of these conditions, you might not know. And, without an in-person checkup, the dentist might not spot it either.
- Without seeing you in person, the dentist might not have all the information they need about your oral health. In addition, they may need recent X-rays and your medical history.
- If the dentist has not seen you for an in-person checkup, it's a good idea to ask them to explain why you don't need one.
If you have done an impression of your own teeth, did you get it right?
- Did you know that taking an impression of teeth is a dental skill that needs training and practice to reliably get right?
- A poor impression can lead to poor aligners or braces for you, which could end in dangerous treatment or disappointing results.
- If the impression has not been taken by a dental professional, it's a good idea to ask the dentist about this.