The Public Research 2020 was undertaken on behalf of the GDC by Ipsos MORI and marks the eighth iteration of this research series. It included a quantitative survey of the general public, ten in-depth interviews, and an online deliberative workshop.
The objectives of the research were to:
- capture and compare public and patient awareness and perceptions of the GDC, its performance and impact in fulfilling its regulatory roles and responsibilities
- obtain public and patient insight into key policy initiatives being developed by the GDC
- test public views and understanding of topical or current issues in dentistry/dental regulation
- identify emerging policy issues that are relevant to the GDC
- track how opinions have changed against a set of baseline questions that were asked in the previous annual surveys.