How do I report illegal tooth whitening or dentistry?

If you would like to report someone you believe to be practising illegally, you can do so in one of the following ways:

  • by completing the online form
  • by writing to: Illegal Practice, General Dental Council, 37 Wimpole Street, London, W1G 8DQ​​​.

Please provide us with as much detail as possible to enable us to fully and properly investigate the matter.

What information do I need to provide?

When you are submitting your complaint, please include the following information:

  • Your name, address and contact details.
  • The full name and address of the person or company you wish to complaint about (if known).
  • The nature of the query or complaint.
  • An explanation of what happened and the date it happened.
  • Details of any patient harm suffered.
  • Details of any action you have already taken thus far.
  • Any other information which you feel would prove useful.

It is helpful for us if you submit as much of this information as possible at an early stage. This will reduce the risk of delay in assessing your complaint and actioning it.

An easy read leaflet on reporting illegal tooth whitening or dentistry is available to download from our website.

If you would like more information about the process of raising a concern, please contact us.

Find out more about how we protect your information in our privacy policy.