COVID-19: guidance for the public
If you have an urgent dental care need, or need advice about your personal oral health needs, you should contact your dental practice in the first instance.
If you do not have access to the internet, you can call NHS 111.
Access to Dental Care
Dental practices have begun to open in England, Scotland and Wales.
- The priority will be to ensure public and patient safety.
- Whilst we are observing social distancing, you should continue to telephone or email your practice, rather than attending in person without an appointment.
- Your practice will look different as it will be operating in a way that observes COVID-19 social distancing and hygiene rules, as part of measures taken to ensure your safety and that of the dental team
- The range of treatments you will be offered may be different to that you received before 25 March 2020 and may vary from practice to practice. This will depend on the staff and equipment available to the team at the time.
- The dental team may also be wearing different protective equipment to what you are used to seeing.