Your professionalism and the way you meet the standards expected of you is a central part of providing excellent patient care and effective team working.
Here you can find information about:
- what it means to be a dental professional and the standards you need to meet before you register.
- why these standards are important for patients and for you.
- what things may affect you on your course and your GDC application.
- the help and support available.
- GDC guidance documents.
- support materials, tips and practical examples of professionalism in training.
An introduction to the GDC
This video presentation, by GDC Head of Upstream Regulation, Hannah Pugh, is for students training to join dentistry and provides an introduction to the role of the GDC and our statutory functions.
Hannah also explores perceptions of professionalism, provides guidance on the use of social media and looks at the principles of effective complaint handling.