Facts and figures
We regularly produce facts and figures about our work and organisation.
If you are unable to find the information you need in this section, please try searching pages related to the topic you're interested in such as hearings or standards.
You can also contact us if you have a specific query.
Our annual reports contain information about:
- Registers: e.g. number and type of registrants, whether new registrants qualified overseas or in the UK.
- Fitness to practise and hearings: e.g. numbers of complaints, sources, themes of complaint at hearings.
GDC occupational pension scheme statement
You can download the Chair of the Trustee's Statement on the GDC 1970 Pension and Life Assurance Plan for the year ending 31 March 2019 here. The statement provides details of the costs, changes and how governance standards, that apply to occupational pension schemes providing defined contribution benefits, are being met.
Gender pay gap
The GDC is committed to promoting equality; valuing diversity; being inclusive and meeting our equality duties. As part of the Equality Act 2010 (Gender Pay Gap Information) Regulations 2017, the GDC are required to publish information on our gender pay gap.
You can download the full Gender pay gap report for more information
Performance reports to Council
Council meetings receive a quarterly report detailing the GDC's performance. This includes information about:
- Registers - such as how many dental professionals have joined or left the registers, whether new registrants qualified overseas or in the UK
- Quality assurance - how many education inspections we have carried out?
- Fitness to practise and hearings - for example, volume of cases/hearings
- Dental Complaints Service - including numbers of complaints received and resolved.
Performance reports can be downloaded from Council meeting papers.
Our monthly registrant reports give details about professionals on our registers, including:
- Total number of registrants.
- Types of registrants - including breakdown by England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland by the registered address.
- Numbers of dentists on specialist lists.