Equality, diversity and inclusion
We are committed to promoting and developing equality and diversity in all our work.
We want to be sure that our policies and ways of working are fair to all individuals and groups, regardless of ethnic origin, race, colour, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy and maternity or age.
Our Equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) strategy aims to help us:
- protect patients through effective regulation
- regulate the dental team fairly
- be a fair and enabling employer, providing an inclusive and supportive environment for all staff
- establish a robust equality and diversity evidence base to inform strategy, policy and operations
- engage the public and our stakeholders in the design and delivery of our policies and procedures
- integrate equality and diversity with governance and management processes.
In 2017 The Council approved the GDC equality, diversity and inclusion strategy 2017/20.
For more information about our EDI strategy, please get in touch.