Facts and figures
We regularly produce facts and figures about our work.
If you are unable to find the information you need in this section, please try searching pages related to the topic you're interested in such as hearings or standards.
You can also contact us if you have a specific query.
Annual reports contain information about:
- Registers: e.g. number and type of registrants, whether new registrants qualified overseas or in the UK.
- Fitness to practise and hearings: e.g. numbers of complaints, sources, themes of complaint at hearings
Annual report 2014
Annual report 2013 (1.1MB, PDF)
Annual report 2012 (549 KB, PDF
Annual report 2011- additional figures (113KB, PDF)
Annual report 2011 (539KB, PDF)
Annual report 2010 (870KB, PDF)
Annual report 2009 (5MB, PDF)
Annual report 2008 (1.3MB, PDF)
Annual report 2007 (4MB, PDF)
Performance reports to Council
Council meetings receive a quarterly report detailing the GDC's performance. This includes information about:
- Registers: e.g. how many dental professionals have joined or left the registers, whether new registrants qualified overseas or in the UK
- Quality assurance: e.g. how many education inspections we have carried out
- Fitness to practise and hearings: e.g. volume of cases/hearings
- Dental Complaints Service: e.g. numbers of complaints received and resolved.
Performance reports can be downloaded from Council meeting papers for 2013, 2012 and 2011 or you can search the website for “performance reports” to find the reports for the periods which interest you.
We run these reports on the first Monday of every month. They show:
Research and consultations
You may also find useful information in the research we have carried out.