4 March 2013
General Dental Council re-drafts temporary registration guidelines
The GDC has completed a review of temporary registration and as a result has now re-drafted the guidelines that govern this type of registration.
The re-drafted guidelines (which only apply to dentists) are separated into seven sections which cover:
• The definition of temporary registration;
• Posts suitable for temporary registration;
• The responsibilities of applicant when first applying for temporary registration;
• Documents required for temporary registration when applying for the first time;
• How the GDC operates temporary registration;
• Fitness to practise procedures in regard to temporary registration;
• Responsibilities for those involved in temporary registration.
The re-drafted guidelines in their entirety can be found here.
When will the re-drafted guidelines come into effect?
The re-drafted guidelines will come into effect on 1 August 2013. This means that a temporary registrant whose direction begins on or after this date will be working under the re-drafted guidelines.
Details of how the new requirements will affect applicants applying for the first time and for those applying for a renewal or restoration can be found on the GDC website here.
For media enquiries, please contact Moira Alderson on 020 7344 3726 or [email protected]
Notes to editors:
• To get all the latest news from the GDC sign up to our monthly newsletter by email at www.gdc-uk.org