10 May 2012
GDC Council Meeting – Thursday 17 May 2012
The next meeting of the General Dental Council (GDC) will take place on Thursday 17 May 2012 in the Council Chamber, General Dental Council, 37 Wimpole Street, London W1G 8DQ from 11.00am.
Key items to be considered at the May meeting include:
• The Council will be updated on the results of a consultation on proposed legislative changes to Fitness to Practise.
• The Council will be asked to approve the Annual Report and Accounts for 2011.
• The Council will be asked to approve that Oral Cancer Detection becomes a ‘recommended topic’ under the GDC’s current Continuing Professional Development scheme.
• The Council will be asked to approve the new Standards for quality assuring education programmes.
Questions from members of the public should be put in writing to the Council Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org or 37 Wimpole Street, London W1G 8DQ), to be received no later than 5pm on Monday 14 May 2012. Written responses will be provided to members of the public on the day or will be sent within 7 working days and posted on the website.
The full agenda and papers are now available on our website.
Read the full papers.
Notes to editors:
• Please direct any media questions for Chief Executive and Registrar, Evlynne Gilvarry through the press office.
• If you would like to attend the meeting please get in touch with the press office before hand to ensure space is available.
• Like all regulators and other public bodies, a limited number of sensitive items may need to be considered confidentially. These are kept to a minimum and are items which, if disclosed, could impact on the GDC’s ability to regulate the dental team and protect patients. Members of the press and public will be asked to leave the meeting when the council considers these items.